Saturday, 25 October 2014

Fortunate or Unfortunate..

India just lights up on Diwali! There is a certain kind of happiness you feel when you see a happy kid burning crackers. I love this festival.. Also because it comes around my birthday :P

Bhai Dooj(just like Rakhi) is another festival which is celebrated right after Diwali. Not my favourite, at all.
It may sound weird to some but for me- One of the most enviable moments is to see siblings fighting.
Throughout their lives, all people wish for- is to get away from their over protective brothers or over enthusiastic sister. Little do they realise that it's a blessing to have a real brother/sister.
Parents' attention may be divided but their love and affection isn't.

My friends celebrated Bhai Dooj happily. Little one's were happy to get chocolates while older ones were glad to push some money out of their brothers wallet.
I, on the other hand, didn't have the luxury.

It felt lonely and sad. Don't judge me, but I hated to hear what my friends did during the day. For the first time in my life, I didn't want to relate to their experience. I felt disconnected. It made me feel even more lonely. I didn't show it to them,of course.
Lying on the bed awake for hours made me realise one thing that we all want something.. That One Something.. That we can never get.
That is all life is about. Wanting and Wishing. 

My friends wish they were a single child like me. I try to tell them it's a curse. They say it's luck.
Perspectives.

They want a life full of freedom and undivided attention from parents while I wish that my parents had someone other than me, to fulfil their hopes and their desires.
I wish I had a protective brother asking me not to roam around late at night. I wish I had a sibling who I could protect and fight with.

But, don't we all have desire/s that can never be fulfilled. Something that doesn't come on our terms.
I know there is nothing I can do to change the kind of situation that I am in. I just wish that there was.
Life is nothing what we want it to be like. But my parents have taught me to Thank God everyday for all that I have. Half the world doesn't have the luxuries that I have- Food, Parents and healthy body.


          


So today, I wish God spreads happiness and luxuries to those who need them the most.

Happy Diwali to all :)

May God bless you all with all the prosperity and happiness in the world :)
Post a Comment