Thursday, 25 September 2014

The fault in our stars- My view.

I know.. I know.. I am a horrifically late to review this book. This is not exactly a review but reading this book and not writing about it will be unfair. And all those fans out there - I know you cant imagine why would someone not read this book? I wish I had an explaination but this explains it better:- My thoughts are stars that I can't fathom into constellations.

Btw, I had pre-ordered it. Since then, it has been there in my closet. I dont know how to explain the amount of events that occurred since I bought this book.
Lets just keep it simple - I have been busy!
Anyway, so I have plenty of time now so I decided to give it a try- Especially after the movie release all I could see was quotes from the book.



The book mentions the "C" word right in the beginning. Nevertheless, I continued to read it. I loved the girl's name- Hazel. Has this certain ring to it. Hazel.

She meets Augustus at the support group. His stare and how he invited her at his place got me hooked.
The book starts off pretty well. I couldn't keep it down once I started reading it.
It has everything written meticulously. It feels like it's happening right in front of me. Hazel reading out poems for Augustus. How he announces his love for her in the flight. Beautiful!
The way they go to Amsterdam, how they kiss at Anne Frank's house - splurged the female hormones in me.

The book takes a turn, right after that. It goes on a roller coaster that only moves down. And it never really comes back to normal.

The story that was pure and beautiful like nothing that I had read before- had suddenly become this sad, morose lines which could make a happy person CRY!
Every page had a mention of Cancer. It sucked.



felt like I had found my own 'AIA' but unfortunately it is not a book that I would re read. It is beautiful but extremely depressing.
I am not one of those girls who you'd find crying in a movie hall or reading a Nicholas Sparks book.

But John Green made me cry.

I cried like crazy! It was embarrassing for me and I had to wash my face After every 10min, to hide my tears. My mother senses everything but fortunately she didn't find me crying. She gets worried at little things. Crying over a fiction novel- would have worried her. 

This book is not something that you could read while travelling- fellow passengers would think you've lost it!
It's not something you would read when you're delighted about something. 
Like, I was sort of happy before reading it. It is my second day at the gym(yes!! I have started working out! Yay!)

This book made me feel sick and I still can't get over the fact that Augustus died and the book ends with the eulogy that he had written for Hazel. I don't think it could have been more touchy than that.

The book basically ends with an email that was sent to Hazel with the eulogy.
Hazel doesn't reply to the email- which only means that she didn't live long enough to reply. 

Overall it is a beautiful book but equally depressing. 


Some lines are so deep and touching that you can't help but read them over and over. And repeat.

How did you like the book?  Do share :)
Post a Comment